Thank you to Family Christian for sponsoring today's craft! Post may contain affiliate links.
Can I make a confession?
My kids aren't the only ones who love Veggie Tales in our household...I love them too! Perhaps just as much as the kiddos! Needless to say, when a new DVD comes out, we are beyond thrilled! So, for the upcoming release of Noah's Ark, we wanted to do something extra special to celebrate! So we came up with a fun little craft and special goodie bag printable just for the occasion!!
Want to join in on the celebration? Here's what you'll do!
Rainbow Tissue Craft.
As a child, I remember loving to make these super simple tissue crafts. So, to go with the story of Noah's Ark, we decided a rainbow design was in order!
What You Need:
- Small Squares of Tissue Paper (We used this wonderful Tissue Art Kit, available in some Family Christian stores. Here's a similar alternative.)
- Cardstock or Construction Paper
What You'll Do:
- Cut tissue paper. If your tissue paper isn't precut, you'll want to start there! Cut into small squares...no need to be perfect, these will be crumpled anyway!
- Draw/print an outline (optional). If you'd like, create a rainbow outline for your little one to start with. You can do this by hand or print one...or just let them freestyle it!
- Glue squares. Apply a small dab of glue to the bottom of each wad and apply to your cardstock, Keep gluing until your rainbow is complete.
- Once the rainbow is finished, you can use your imagination to finish your picture! Use construction paper to cut waves and the ark. Use markers to draw the scene. Add a fun phrase from the story, such as 'God Keeps His Promises'. (Today we're focusing on Noah's Ark, but you could also turn this into a St. Patrick's day craft and add in a pot of gold or shamrocks!)
- Back with construction paper (optional). Your tissue art can be finished as is, but I personally love adding a backing of construction paper to give it a more finished/framed look so your little ones/students can give as a gift!
We picked up these super cute mini popcorn boxes for our treats, but treat bags are a great option as well. Enjoy this fun printable. Attach to your treat bags with ribbon or use glue stick to apply to treat boxes!
Well, we're ready for the release...how about you? And the great part is...these are suitable for ANY Noah's Ark lesson...not just the Veggie version! For more creative Christian crafts, be sure to check out Family Christian on Pinterest below:
Follow Family Christian's board Classroom Ideas on Pinterest.
And don't forget to preorder your copy of Noah's Ark now! You can get it for just $12.97 AND receive the Rack, Shack and Benny DVD for free!! You can read more about the movie in my review here!