Do you do memory verses with your kids? How do you make it easier for kids to learn those verses? For my son, though he has an outstanding memory, he also has a very short attention span. If it doesn't interest him, he doesn't care to memorize anything. Hw loves Bible stories, but doesn't care too much for memory verses. I have to think of new and fun ways to keep it interesting so he will actually WANT to learn!
That's just what today's super simple kids' craft is all about:
Memory Verse Hand Print
- First, help your little one trace their hand onto a piece of construction paper or cardstock.
- Cut out the hand.
- Place hand with the thumb facing to the right. On the palm of the hand, write your memory verse. (Older kids can do this themselves for added memory practice.)
- Fold down all fingers except the pointer down over your verse.
- Cut a small piece of string and tie around the pointer finger.
- If you'd like, decorate your hand as you please...add fingernails, jewelry, have fun with it!
That's it! This super simple craft is easy and expensive and a fun way to help kids remember Bible verses! It's perfect at home or for Sunday School classes!
What other tips and tricks do you have for helping little ones with their memory verses? What are some of your favorite memory verses for kids?