To be honest, I don't remember a time when I have not struggled with anxiety. Even at a very young age I remember feeling anxious about schoolwork and socializing or stepping out of my comfort zone in any way. I remember hearing people use the term 'painfully shy' and say that I would grow out of it in time. But as I grew older, I didn't grow out of it. In some ways I became even more aware of my anxieties. Even now, at 27 years old its a daily struggle.
Throughout the years I have tried many remedies to control my anxieties. I have tried various non-medication techniques. I have been on both daily and as needed prescription medications. I've tried just about everything. To be honest, the medications did work, but for me the side effects weren't great. I felt out of it- not quite myself- a few even made me physically ill. Aside from that, I also try to limit my use of medications where I can and use natural remedies for my family when possible. So, I decided for me personally, prescription medications were not the best solutions.
If you're looking for ways to control your anxiety, here are a few NATURAL ways I have found that help me deal:
- Prayer/Positive Thinking. No, I'm not here to tell you that you can simply pray your anxiety away, I think that is a dangerous belief for Christians to believe that if they were just a better Christian, their anxieties would disappear (but that's a subject for another day). Still, I find my first line of defense against anxiety for me is most certainly saying a little prayer. In fact, when I'm in my car (a high level of anxiety for me), I am almost constantly praying. It does not take the nerves away completely, but does help me to focus and take the edge off a bit.
- Saying Goodbye to Caffeine. Perhaps one of the biggest changes for me was giving up caffeine. I feel like a totally different person when I've had it! I'm jittery, on edge and my anxiety level is through the roof. If you are suffering from daily anxiety, consider going for decaf.
- Aromatherapy. I love using aromatherapy to aid in anxiety relief...and the good news is there are plenty of options. Oils like Lavender or Sandalwood are very calming, and can be great for relieving stress and anxiety, but can also make you a little sleepy. Citrus oils like Orange or Bergamot are also ideal- particularly for stresses where feeling sleepy is not an option (like driving). Use a diffuser or simply carry your oil bottles along and smell as needed!
- Homeopathic Remedies. I love using homeopathic remedies for all areas of our healthcare when possible and anxiety is no different! For this, RESCUE products are ideal. They are a natural/homeopathic option that help you stress less, stay calm and in control. They were developed by a doctor to be gentle and safe, non-habit forming with no side effects like traditional prescription anxiety medications. They are used by millions worldwide and have been trusted for generations. They also come in a variety of products to fit your needs and your lifestyle:
- RESCUE Pastilles
- RESCUE Sleep Liquid Melts
- RESCUE Pearls
- and more
They even offer a gum...perfect for keeping in your purse or diaper bag as needed on the go! I personally love the RESCUE Pastilles. Like the gum, they come in a convenient tin that is perfect for on the go, BUT are not quite as appealing as the gum when you have little ones around! I love having this safe, natural optional available when I need it!
Sound like something you need for anxiety or occoasional stress relief? RESCUE stress relief products are available now in the US at CVS, Walgreens, Whole Foods, Sprouts and wherever you find natural products! And right now, you can buy one and get one free when you download this amazing coupon! Check it out today!
Have you tried RESCUE for stress relief? I'd love to hear how it has worked in your life? Other natural solutions to stress and anxiety? I'd love to hear those too!!I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.