Is your family excited about the upcoming theatrical release of Smurfs the Lost Village on April 7? I know my family certainly is! What's not to love about the Smurfs!? I remember watching them as a child, and I love that I can now fall in love all over again with my children! Aside from that, the story behind this new movie sounds like a great one:
In this fully animated, all-new take on the Smurfs, a mysterious map sets Smurfette and her best friends Brainy, Clumsy and Hefty on an exciting and thrilling race through the Forbidden Forest filled with magical creatures to find a mysterious lost village before the evil wizard Gargamel does. Embarking on a rollercoaster journey full of action and danger, the Smurfs are on a course that leads to the discovery of the biggest secret in Smurf history!
Sounds amazing, right!? A little mystery, a little adventure, and a whole lot of fun! We cannot wait to see it and enjoy it together as a family! But we're so excited that we couldn't just wait for the movie to celebrate, we had to get ourselves prepared beforehand. Of course, you cannot think about Smurfs without thinking BLUE. Blue, blue... everything blue! So, in celebration of the upcoming movie, we whipped up another blue favorite in my house:
Homemade Blueberry Pie
- Homemade or Store Bought Crust
- 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 6 Cups Blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Heat oven to 425.
- Prepare your pie crust if homemade, or spread store bought crust into a pie plate.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour and cinnamon. (If you like cinnamon, feel free to sprinkle a little more in! I always do!) Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour blueberry mix into your ready pie crust.
- Sprinkle top with lemon juice, and small sections of butter.
- Cover with top crust. (I did a lattice top, but you can keep it simple too... just be sure to cut slits in the top!) Close edges.
- If desired, sprinkle top with a bit of sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. If desired, you can cover the edges with foil to avoid crust burning, foil can be removed in the last 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 2 hours.
That's it! This recipe is not only very easy especially using a store bought crust, but it's absolutely delicious too! The perfect BLUE treat to celebrate our favorite blue friends!
And the celebration doesn't stop there! How about a giveaway too!? One lucky reader is going to win a Smurfs prize pack, valued at $20! Enter using the Rafflecopter form below: