Today my Shaun turns 9 years old, and I cannot help but wonder where the time went! It seems as though it was only yesterday that we welcomed him into our lives... and yet, at the same time it's hard to imagine life without him! He is an amazing kiddo, full of fun and adventure and I could not be more blessed to call him my son.
Each year on his birthday, I like to share a few things that make him HIM, but this year I wanted to hear it straight from the source, so I found an online list of 20 questions to ask your child each year. These are his responses (Notes from mom in italics):
1. What is your favorite color?
2. What is your favorite toy?
Sonic Plushes. Plush toys in general tend to be a favorite... Sonic, Mario, Thomas, PacMan, Angry Birds... you name it, he has them!
3. What is your favorite fruit?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Thomas and Friends
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?
Lunchables. This one was a funny one... he only gets Lunchables about 1-2 times a year (field trips and such)... but then he does ASK for them every time we go to the grocery store!
6. What is your favorite outfit?
Gaming t-shirt and comfy pants. The pants part is optional.
7. What is your favorite game?
Sonic and Super Smash Bros
8. What is your favorite snack?
Grapes. I expected him to say popcorn... he LOVES it!! But he's a big grape fan too!
9. What is your favorite animal?
Cat. I expected him to say either birds because of his Angry Bird obsession, or chickens! He loves taking care of chickens (gathering eggs, feeding, etc) when we visit family and chasing them too!
10. What is your favorite song?
Subwoofer Lullaby from Minecraft. I'm not shocked by this answer, but in the past he has also said the worship song 'Every Move I Make' is a favorite.
11. What is your favorite book?
12. Who is your best friend?
13. What is your favorite sport?
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Swim. We have found that swimming is actually a very calming activity for him, and he actually taught himself this summer! He could spend all day in the pool if we let him!!
15. What is your favorite drink?
ICEE. Again one of those things that he actually very rarely has! I would have thought milk or water since those are his most common drinks!!
16. What is your favorite holiday?
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
Bacon...It's always been bacon! He takes after his daddy...both are bacon obsessed.
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?
McDonalds. *shakes head*...well, he is 9.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A fireman. This was perhaps the most surprising answer as this is not something he has ever mentioned. Instead he has talked about being an astronaut, scientist or the next Bill Gates!
Shaun's interests over the past few years haven't changed much! He still loves his video games, Thomas, Angry birds and Legos. He loves 80s movies like Back to the Future and Ghostbusters. He loves Bible stories and comic books. He loves fart jokes and the poop emoji. He's 100% Shaun, 100% unique...and I could not love him more!
Happy 9th Birthday Shaun!!!!