What's on your child's Christmas list? Books? Toys? Electronics? What about video games?
It's no surprise that my son LOVES his video games. Like many, if given the chance he would play his favorite games all day long. He could probably go all day without so much as a word to us. Needless to say, we don't allow that! Still, I want him to be able to enjoy his video games, while still enjoying family time and not just sitting in front of the TV. So, I'm always on the search for games that we can enjoy WITH him, as a family.
So, what makes Just Dance 2016 so fantastic? Let's break it down:
- The Song Selection. Just Dance 2016 features more than 40 top hits and quirky favorites including “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor, “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars and “Cool for the Summer” by Demi Lovato. There is a wide selection that truly gives everyone in the family something they can love. For my son, it was all about the Angry Birds theme song! He is an Angry Birds fanatic, so this quickly became his favorite and he danced to it over and over again. My daughter and I really enjoyed Under The Sea (though this does require a bench or long seat of some sort). Now, I will say that some of the songs included on the game are songs that I personally do not allow my children to listen to, BUT as I said, with such a large variety there are still plenty of great options to choose from! There is also an option to subscribe to Just Dance Unlimited which allows you to play even MORE songs including songs from previous versions- though this does of course cost!
- Fun For the WHOLE Family. I'll be honest, I'm not much of a gamer. At all. And while I'm also not much of a dancer, this game just allows us to be goofy and have fun as a family. We can play as a team, or we can compete but it truly is a great way to get the whole family up and moving and laughing. But again, not being a dancer myself, I love that the karoake option allows me to get involved in the game despite my lack of moves!! My kids can dance, and I can attach a microphone and sing along! So much fun...and even more goofiness! My two year old isn't really old enough to truly do the dance in the game, but she still loves getting out there and doing her thing anyway!!
- Fantastic New Features. Just Dance 2016 is more accessible than previous versions with its all new Just Dance Controller App for your smartphone! When playing on XBox One, Playstation 4, or the Wii U, you can download this free app that turns your cell phone into a controller to track their moves and navigate the game- eliminating the need for extra console cameras. Now, in my home we actually have *nearly* every game console ever made so we have plenty of options, but the Playstation 4 is definitely my son's current favorite platform. But it's also one that we have no extras for- just one basic controller. No motion controllers, no cameras. This app still allows my son to play the game on his favorite console without the need to buy anything extra- a definite plus in my book!
You can download the app at the links below:
As you can see, there are many great reasons to love Just Dance 2016. It truly is the perfect gift for the video game fan on your list...and the whole family too. This great family activity is now available for all motion-control gaming platforms, including XBox One, XBox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Wii.
- iTunes: http://clvr.li/1Gzpqgx
- Google Play: http://clvr.li/1jVodGv
- Windows Store: http://clvr.li/1PdKkVr
Does the game fan on your list have Just Dance 2016 on their list? What do you/they love most? Favorite songs? How could Just Dance 2016 make your family holiday a little more fun?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.