Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Keep Christ in Christmas with Stocking Stuffers from Family Christian! #FCBlogger
Recently, we made a little trip to Santa Claus, Indiana to visit my family. While we were there, we naturally had to go pay a little visit to Santa Claus himself. Let me tell you, this Santa is AWESOME! Not only does he look the part (my mom and I are convinced he may just be the real deal), but he also truly gets the reason we celebrate and wants kids to remember that it's not just about him. As each child sit on his lap, he doesn't just ask them what they would like for Christmas as so many Santas do, but he also asks them if they know why we celebrate Christmas (and gives those with the right answer an enthusiastic high five).
I could not have been more proud when my Shaun (who typically struggles with why questions) answered that question with a simple, "because of baby Jesus". As a Christian mom, while I love the festivities of Christmas, the music, the lights, and yes even Santa Claus, I really want to be sure that my kids truly understand why it is we are celebrating. Each year I try to add a little something to our Christmas collection to remind them just that through small gifts like music, books and DVDs.
For that, Family Christian is our go to! They are never short on great products to truly help me keep Christ in Christmas for my kids. From decor to toys and everything in between, they have it all... including lots of great stocking stuffers!
Today, I'm sharing a few of my personal favorite stocking stuffers to help you teach your little ones the true meaning of Christmas.
1. Believe Kids CD- "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!"-Buddy the Elf. This fantastic album has many great Christmas classics that will have them singing along and learning the true meaning of Christmas through music!
2. Why Do They Call It Christmas DVD- This is a favorite in my house! This is part of the What's In The Bible Series by Veggie Tales creator Phil Vischer and truly teaches kids so much about not just the reason we celebrate, but also where certain customs came from and how they evolved! Definitely a MUST in my book!
3. Veggie Tales Silent Night Book- You cannot go wrong with Veggie Tales! Or sound books! This is the perfect stocking stuffer for toddlers and one that my kids personally LOVE.
4. Veggie Tales Christmas DVDs- Who doesn't love Veggie Tales? These fantastic Christmas double features give your little one two episodes to choose from...and ALL of them are fantastic! We love Veggie Tales Christmas!
5. A Christmas Celebration Sticker & Activity Book- If your little one loves The Beginner's Bible (or even if they don't), this is a great addition to any stocking! This has several fun activities that your little one will enjoy- all while reminding them of Christ's birth!
6. Our Daily Bread for Kids Christmas CD- Do your kids love listening to music where its kids singing for kids? Then this will be a great CD for them!
7. The Berenstain Bears The Very First Christmas- My son loves The Berenstain Bears- who doesn't? This story of the very first Christmas will sure to be one that your kids will LOVE!
8. 25 Sing-A-Long Christmas Songs for Kids- If you ask me, you can never have too many Christmas CDs! This is another fantastic option for kids!
9. The Stable That Bob Built- Again, you really cannot go wrong with Veggie Tales! This one is another adorable option that's a little more suitable for the older Veggie fan!
And it's not just stocking stuffers for kids! Family Christian has wonderful stocking stuffers for every member of the family... from ornament shaped lip-glosses, jewelry, music and more, you are sure to find something great for everyone! Their $5 deals makes the PERFECT stocking stuffers! See it all in store or online!
Want to see more? Stay connected at the links below:
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FamilyChristian
Follow on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/familychristian/
Like on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FamilyChristian?ref=bookmarks
Follow on Tumblr: http://family-christian.tumblr.com
Follow on Instagram: http://instagram.com/familychristian