1. Tell us about your 5 favorite memories in your life.
1. Holding my son for the first time. I won't say having him, because it was a long, hard labor and I haven't managed to develop that amnesia that many mothers seem to get about childbirth! But after it was all said and done and I held that baby boy in my arms, it certainly made it worth it.
2. Meeting my wonderful husband for the first time in person. After months of talking online, it seemed to take forever to reach that day, but I'll never forget finally seeing his reflection in the mirror in the entry of his mom's house...the glass slippers and rose he brought me were just an added bonus!
3. My husband coming home...both deployments. I'd say the latest homecoming was a bit more memorable...perhaps because he'd been gone a year!? Or perhaps because after the first one (his 3rd deployment, but our first one married), things were so busy because we moved into a new apartment immediately after? Regardless, both have been wonderful. I think I mentioned before that our homecoming that time had a theme- WWII. There were only about 6 or 7 of us wives that dressed the part, but that was really fun too. Honestly, I was already looking at vintage style dresses anyway, so for me it was just an excuse to go ahead and buy the dress!! I'm actually not sure I really shared this story, but after waiting hours for the buses to arrive, we finally saw them pull up and waited anxiously wondering which bus Matt was on...then we heard Shaun saying 'Daddy! Daddy!', looking behind us. We started to correct him, but turned around and sure enough Matt was there sneaking up on us! He had gotten a different ride!! Needless to say it was quite the memorable surprise.
4. Bonfire night at Church Camp 2006. This is a night that cannot be put into words, but it was an extremely powerful filled with laughter, tears and friendship that I will never forget.
5. Making homemade ice cream with my family. There's not one time in particular here, but just in general. This is one of my favorite family traditions.
2. Show us 3 of your favorite beauty products.
I typically keep my makeup routine fairly simple- foundation, mascara and lip gloss on a typical day. These are some of my favorites!
3. Tell us what your favorite TV shows are to watch.
Shows that are still on: Pretty Little Liars. (And yes, I'm still in shock at that season finale...I shouted at my TV...seriously!) Parenthood. Supernatural. Once Upon a Time. Married To Jonas. (Don't judge, but I love Danielle...she reminds me of the richer, prettier, Italian version of myself- super shy with anxiety issues.) Good Luck Charlie. My Baby-Sitter's A Vampire. (No, I'm not kidding!) The Talk. The View. Switched at Birth. Glee.
Shows that are no longer on: Boy Meets World. (one of the best shows EVER) Smallville. Instant Star. Veronica Mars. Roswell. Buffy. So Weird. (No list is complete without some old Disney!) Wizards of Waverly Place. (Pretty sure the series finale is still on my DVR!)
I also just started watching Vampire Diaries on Netflix, and I think it could make the list soon...still undecided. It looks like I watch a ton of TV doesn't it!? I blame Netflix! This is how I discovered Supernatural, Once Upon A Time and Glee...not to mention some other great shows that don't quite make the list!
4. Show us 2 of your favorite pictures.
I have so many photos, it's hard to choose. So these might not be the top 2 for sure, but are definitely some of my favorites!!
Taken before my husband's 3rd deployment. I'm not sure what it is about this photo, but I've always really loved it.
5. Tell us your favorite things to do during "me time."
Me time? What's that!? Honestly, I don't have much me time...a little bit some mornings before Shaun wakes up, and 3 hours while he's at school, though that's usually spent cleaning!! But really when I have me time I'd say reading, writing (I'm really trying to get back into fiction, though at this point all I have to show for that is erased pages! It's a start...), crafts, Pinterest, Netflix, shopping (though I hate spending money!), and playing my music loudly and singing my heart out (honestly, this is what I'm doing when cleaning too...makes the work go by faster!)