Linking up again this week for 10 on Tuesday with It's a Crafty Life. This week, I'm just going to share 10 random tidbits:)
1. Big news (possibly) on the sleep front! If you've been following long, you probably know that my little guy has a lot of sleep troubles. We've tried just about everything and nothing had really worked, except the melatonin, sometimes, if I could get him to take it. Yesterday, we borrowed a weighted vest from his school. He was asleep by 11:30 (keeping in mind this was without melatonin and having taken a nap- which can often result in 2-5 am nights!). He woke a few times as normal, and the final time he woke, after 10 minutes of kicking and screaming, I put the vest back on him and within a few minutes he had calmed and fell back asleep! Before bed when he was wearing it, he was much more attentive as well and even followed directions when I told him to clean up his game! I hope this continues. We might have to invest in a weighted blanket as well, to help him stay asleep. If only these things weren't so pricey!!!
2. My craft project today: a book page picture frame for our little 'office nook' (upstairs landing). I'm still not sure how I feel about it. It needs a little work, but I feel like its missing something. But I have to admit, when I made this, I used an old murder mystery I didn't figure I would be reading...and as I was making the frame I kept seeing these words jump out at me: 'corpse', 'body', 'suicide', etc...maybe it wasn't my best choice!!
3. My Scentsy party ended Sunday and I placed my order yesterday! So excited to get all my new goodies. I ended up getting somewhere around $200 worth of stuff...and I only paid $60!! I love saving money! And just to show you how addicted I am to this stuff, here is a photo of my scent collection BEFORE the party!
4. The season finale of Pretty Little Liars was on last night...and I loved it. And hated it because now I have to wait for the new season. But seriously, it was a great episode and I was pleasantly surprised when they played a song by one of my favorite singers, Alexz Johnson.
5. We leave in less than 2 weeks for another cross country train trip. I'm looking forward to it, but I should really start packing. It seems forever away though...I swear time has stopped.
6. Next month is Autism Awareness Month! Not sure I will be able to post much about it then, as we will be traveling, but I really hope more will do something to bring awareness next month!
7. So, during the holidays, I started hoarding pumpkin because the year before, I had messed up my Grandpa's pumpkin pie (I was halving the recipe and accidentally forgot to half the sugar!) and when I sent Matt out to buy more pumpkin, they were out! Not wanting that to happen again, I'd buy a few cans at every shopping trip! Well, now I have several cans of pumpkin left over! So this weekend I made these delicious Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins! Check out the recipe here!
8. Another great recipe find: Pizza Cupcakes! Shaun was very excited about these- he loves his pizza! I thought they were great too, and so easy! Check out the recipe here!
9. As most of you probably realized, I have been redoing some things on my blog- new layout, new 'about me' page...I have a few more things I'm going to be changing around so if you stop by and it's a mess, I apologize! I am loving this new background though. So bright and fun, and it still has the birds, which I love! :)
10. I really don't have anything else interesting to say! I've been stretching for the last several tidbits actually. What can I say? I'm pretty boring:)